Sunday, August 12, 2007

I did lots today!


Today, I woke up and was happy to see Mommy still in bed with me. We got up and I had breakfast. First I nursed, then I had some sweet potatoes from Daddy, yum! Then Mommy dressed me in a small diaper and a swimsuit and coverup, then Daddy put me in the car and I fell asleep. When I woke up, Mommy was putting sunblock on me. We were going to the spray park! I'm never sure what I think of it. I don't like being there at first, but I get used to it after a couple minutes of watching Mommy playing in the water, then I get into it, too! It's like my sensory bowl--just enough water to play in, but not enough to really be scary. I kept thinking it would get scary, but in the end, I felt safe enough to crawl around, although I skinned my knee a little.

After that, it was back to the car and I fell asleep again. When I woke up, we were at the mall! Yay! I got to play in the play area and at one point, there was a cute little girl there who was turning one year old today. She waved and said "hi" so I waved back. First I accidentally signed "milk" (which I did want) but then I got it right. Mommy was proud of me, she said.

Then we went to the bookstore after I played for a while longer and after I got some milk again, Mommy set me down and told me not to pester anyone. I looked at a man reading a book, then looked back at her and she told me that that was a 'someone' not to pester, so I left him alone. Then I wanted to crawl off, so I told Mommy by pointing. I've seen her point a lot, but this was the first time I did it. She was so happy she followed me. When she asked if I'd wanted her to follow her, I said "No," which she thought was funny and apologized for following me (although she didn't stop).

Then I fell asleep and when I woke up, Mommy said we'd gone to a lot more places, but I'd slept through it all. I certainly felt better for my super long nap! So then I got some sweet potatoes and mommy milk and now I expect the rest of the night should be party time!

No comments: